Stomach acidity or hyperacidity conditions are a common problem. Ask the person sitting right beside you in a bus if he had experienced bouts of acidity attacks. Chances are great that he or she would answer you with a big YES. Why is this so?
Our stomach produces acid to digest the food that we eat. This is a regular and natural process. Whenever we eat, cells within the lining of the stomach pump acid to liquefy your sumptuous dinner, from mash potatoes to a slab of steak.
Problem occurs when these cells produce large amount of acid, more than your stomach needs. When this happens, you will suffer from stomach acidity. You would know if you were suffering from stomach acidity if you feel a burning sensation just above the stomach, or right below (the hollow part) your breastbone. This is the most classic sign of acidity. Other people experience acid regurgitation. This happens when you are lying horizontal on your bed. You may have a sour taste in your mouth, which resembles the taste of an orange puree that had gone stale. Acid regurgitation oftentimes results to heartburn, or that pain near the heart area.
Here i give you some tips for cure acidity-
01. Skip the aerated drinks as well as the caffeine. Opt for herbal tea instead.
02. Have a glass of lukewarm water every day.
03. Include banana, watermelon and cucumber in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is great for curing acidity.
04. Coconut water is known to soothe the system if you suffer from acidity.
05. Drink a glass of milk – everyday.
06. Have your last meal at least two to three hours before you hit the sack.
07. Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause for acidity. Have small but regular meals.
08. Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc.
09. Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals.
10. Sucking on a piece of clove is another effective remedy.
11. Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds and yogurt are all known to give you instant relief from acidity.
12. Excessive smoking and drinking will increase acidity, so cut down.
13. Try chewing gum. The saliva generated helps move food through the esophagus, easing symptoms of heartburn.
14. Ginger aids in digestion. Either buy powdered ginger in capsule forms or add the herb to your recipes.
15. A simple preparation of lemon water with sugar can be sipped on an hour before lunch to reduce uneasiness.
16. Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions.
…:: wish you a long, happy and healthy life::…
You may also like to read: